How To Replace Actuator Or Diverter Valve?
Manufacturers of motorized valves bring several types of diverter valves that are used for controlling the water flow in central heating and hot water systems. Do you know? The first diverter valve was a simple combination of two or multiple piston or disc valves. Today, there are three designs of motorized valves-
- Two port valves
- Three port diverter valves
- Three port mid position valves
The two port valve simply opens or closes to let or prevent the water flow.
Three port diverter valve allows water to be routed to the hot water circuit or the heating circuit.
Three port mid position valves let the water flow to be routed to the hot water circuit, or both.
Diverter valves are primarily used for splitting or combining process media into one or more streams. You can easily found them in chemical, refining, and polymer industries in a variety of applications. A few purposes of diverter valves are-
- These are used to split one large process line into smaller lines.
- These are used to replace several isolation valves and T-pieces to provoke back flushing of dead spaces.
- You can use them to keep one line in service whilst maintaining other
- You can switch between pumps or control valves
- It is used where space does not allow larger valves or extensive piping..
- It is used to integrate two or multiple valve process functions into one valve.
How to Make Replacement?
In case your motorized valve has seized or worn out and is leaking, you must replace it with new quality valve. It is important that the same type of valve is fitted.
Make sure you have switched off the boiler and then electricity supply by removing the fuse from the plug. Drain the system down and undo compression joints where the valve is connected to the pipe work.
Remove the olives from the ends of the pipes and clean them to expel debris and dirt using wrench.
If you don’t know how to do the entire process, call experts immediately. It is better to take professional assistance rather experimenting with the system. Techno Designs is a leading supplier of diverter valves or motorized valves. You can avail repairing and replacement services from their professionals.